September Athlete of the Month: Bridget Rose
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Hey! My name is Bridget Rose and I'm from Olive Branch by way of Johnstown, PA, Memphis, TN and Myrtle Beach, SC. I've spent the last 17 years working in the oncology research field; specifically cleaning clinical trial data and testing electronic health record software.
2. What made you want to try out Old Towne Fitness? After 6 years training at the same gym, I had hit a plateau, not only in my strength and skills but also my attitude and motivation to train. I met Allie several months before Old Towne opened and loved her energy. Right around the time I decided to look for a new gym, I saw a post that she was going to be the head coach at OTF so I decided to check it out. I haven’t looked back since walking in for the open house!
3. What's kept you coming back to OTF? Everyone from the owners and coaches to the members are invested in creating a fun and motivating environment. The coaches are very attentive and give constant feedback on ways to improve. No matter how big or small your wins are, everyone is there cheering you on.
4. What are some of your short term and long term goals? Short term is definitely to get prepped for Pensacola Beach Brawl so that I don’t let my teammates down (Go team Panic!!!) Long term is to focus on training out some “bad” movement patterns and be more consistent with my nutrition (also a bad pattern).
5. What would you say to someone that's hesitant about trying functional fitness? I would ask them, "what’s stopping you?" Functional fitness can be scaled for your skill/comfort level. The members and coaches at OTF welcome everyone with great energy and support! If you are hesitant to take those first steps through the doors alone, reach out to me, I’ll walk in with you!