August Athlete of the Month: Brad Waldrip
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. My name is Brad Waldrip and I’m from Moro, Arkansas. I am married and have two girls that keep me busy and on my toes. I graduated from the Arkansas Fire Academy in 2009 and then received my national registry paramedic license in 2012. I am currently a fire inspector for the City of Olive Branch.
2. What made you want to try out Old Towne Fitness? Honestly, I came because Art Dunlap wouldn't leave me alone about coming to a class. I can say it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.
3. What's kept you coming back to OTF? The people, environment, and the workouts! The people at Old Town Fitness are encouraging and supportive and not just at the gym. The workouts challenge me every day and constantly change, so you don’t do the same workout twice.
4. What are some of your short term and long term goals? My short term goal would be to RX the majority of the workouts. My long term goal is to compete in a competition.
5. What would you say to someone that's hesitant about trying functional fitness?
Any of the workouts can be scaled to meet any fitness level. All you have to do is show up and give your best and you will improve each day. There’s so much to learn and achieving goals is addictive. It’s always something new and makes working out fun and exciting.